Good morning lovelies!
Yet another frenzied session of the hunger games-esque Rewards Bazaar challenge passed on Tuesday with more salty casualties. Over the course of a few years, I’ve amassed an embarrassingly high number of Beauty Insider (BI) rewards points at Sephora. At my highest, I was almost at 4,000 points. I somehow talked myself into another year of VIB Rouge. I only spent at most 500 points per year, hoarding indefinitely since the deluxe sample prizes only ranged from 100 to 500. Why would I spend my points when I could use a code to get a deluxe sample kit, or better yet get these generous Gift with Purchases at Ulta?!
Now what is this bizarre program anyway and why aren’t many people talking about it? Maybe only the truly beauty obsessed torture themselves every week hoping for something good. There’s a very active BeautyTalk (Sephora Forum) thread that I subscribe to, where many helpful BIs share their experiences and post links to rewards as soon as they become active. This review will be broken down into 4 parts (Overview, Good, Bad and Ugly).
- New point perks are released on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 9 am and 5pm PST.
- Usually they drop close to 9 PST / 12pm EST (lucky for me it’s during lunch, since I’m chained to my desk most days).
- There seem to be only a few (1-3) perks added at a time (each day for US/Canada)
- Beginning of the month they restock the 100-500 point perks
- The newly added perks range from 100 points to 50,000 points
- 750+ points perks are only available online, but you get free shipping without having to purchase another item!
- The smaller 100-500 point perks are available in store, while supplies last
- There are limited quantities of the perks available and sometimes they show the quantity for US & Canada in the “coming soon” e-mail newsletter
- Each month they feature a Brand where they will have a series of rewards ranging from products to once in a life time type experiences
- Kat Von D, Sephora, Marc Jacobs, Fresh, Too Faced, etc…