Good evening ladies and gents! This marks my first official blog post one of many to follow.
TYPICAL NEW ENGLAND WEATHER
Ol’ mother nature bestowed a lovely foot of snow for New England today… I just recovered after a momentary lapse when my poor car beached its tail end in the fresh snow bank. After struggling for over half an hour, a kind neighbor or two came to my rescue! The first savior tried pushing my car and gave up. The second savior (whom I obstructed from dog walking) helped me dig my car out enough to push it out of the icy clutches of the snow bank. Remind me why I live here again folks?
SKIP TO THE GOOD STUFF!
Alright as one of my friends jested “who will be my next victim?”, let’s get on with the show. I want to provide quality content and let’s start with some brain storming for the queue. Let me know if there’s any segment you’d like me to feature regularly!
- Movies – my SO and I watch a fair amount of these, most recently Split (starring my ride or die actor James McAvoy), Unbreakable, Signs (may need to re-watch after dozing off)
- Past: Arrival, La La Land (I probably have an unpopular opinion)
- Future Planned: Lego Batman, Beauty and the Beast
- Travel / Tour Agencies – Princess, Gate 1
- Guest writers/reviewers – I’ve got opinions and I’ve got friends! Many instances we don’t all agree or have the same perspective so for some colorful discussion I’ll feature some friends.
- Money Saving Tips – Does it work?! I’m no MoneySavingMom (love her blog!), but I’ve got a few tips and tricks.
- Ebates / Mr. Rebates – Cash back websites? Personal experience.
- Credit Card Promotions – Namely those pesky deals that never seem to be for stores or items we want.
- Beauty / Products – As much as I’m trying to cut back, I’ve accumulated quite the stash of beauty goods.
- Bazaar Rewards – Not many bloggers aside from the BeautyTalk forum are buzzing about this “limited” rewards program on Tuesdays/Thursdays to cash in on those large points Beauty Insiders accrued. I’ve redeemed quite a few!
- BI/VIB/Rouge program – are the perks worth it?
- Free Beauty Classes
- Ipsy subscription – Member for several years and finally ready to call it quits.
- Yelp – My first love and outlet for my customer service woes… I haven’t forgotten about you!
- Local businesses picks & pans
- Yelp Elite – overall impression of the program after renewing my 2017 status!
- Business responses – I’ve had a few businesses reach out and I’ll disclose more about the feedback.
- Yelp Elite Events
- Yelp Cash Back – few people are talking about this NEW feature introduced through (Shop@Yelp.com) back in December 2016. I’ve dined at one restaurant so far on the list touting 10% cash back. I will definitely make a post or a series chronicling the success/failure.
- Schedule – I’m sure it will take awhile to actually lift off this blog but to keep us all honest here I’ll attempt to post 2-4 times a week. It’s like getting started at the gym right? The tough part is starting the momentum!
- Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday? We will figure something out!